When you plan a vacation, whether it’s a day trip or a world tour, one of the first decisions you have to make is where to stay. It’s a choice that can be a little overwhelming, and in a major tourist area it can be tempting to pick a hotel at random by star rating, package deal, or price point and hope for the best. But the choice of one generic hotel room or another isn’t the only one you have – you can opt out of the hotel/motel entirely and rent an entire vacation home for the duration of your trip for about the same price – or sometimes less!
What Do Rentals Have That Hotels Don’t?
- Much more space for a similar price
- More privacy – from other guests and those in your own group
- Better amenities – including full sized kitchens, multiple rooms, and private pools
- The opportunity to live like the locals
- All the comforts of home to make a longer trip possible